4 large chicken breasts; halved
1 1/4 cup stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoon sour cream
This thick, spicy marinade is made with canned, stewed tomatoes that are blended with fresh garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Marinate briefly before broiling. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
TIP: Measure distance from top of chicken to broiler unit rather than from rack to broiler. If distance is less than 5 to 6 inches, the chicken will burn. To check for doneness, pierce with knife. If juice is clear, chicken is cooked. Or if fork is inserted with ease, chicken is done. Or press with your fingers. There should be a little give to the flesh.
1) Trimm any excess fat and skin from the chicken breasts. Place in a glass dish.
2) Using a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, garlic, giner, tomato paste, oil, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, pepper and salt until almost smooth.
3) Reserve 1/4 cup marinade to use as a sauce. Cover chicken with the rest of marinade. Allow to sit at room temperature 30 minutes.
4) Place chicken on a broiler pan, skin side down. Broil 7 to 10 minutes on each side, 5 to 6 inches from heat. Baste before turning. Spoon with marinade.
5) Bake at 350Â¡F for 10 minutes. Remove chicken to platter.
6) Bring reserved marinade to a boil. Spoon over chicken. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on each chicken breast.
Per serving: 623 Calories; 37g Fat (47% calories from fat); 86g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 253mg Cholesterol; 725mg Sodium